We take great care and pride in creating long-term, mutually beneficial relationships, that’s where you come in. Growing and building strong resilient relationships will allow us to reach greater success together.
So yes, we are celebrating Earth Day 2021 and we want you to celebrate with us. So let’s go out and have as much fun as we can, growing together in this mission.
Our sustainability efforts and our commitment to continuous improvement in our business practices extend from field to table.
We are committed to sourcing products that meet high ethical and quality standards.
- Organic, non-GMO, ethically sourced, fairly traded
- Farm-direct, with a focus on sourcing US and Pacific Northwest grown
- Transparent in origin and sourcing information
- Helpful to people and the planet. Before purchasing, we consider the producer's growing, manufacturing and packaging practices, their social responsibility, the value they place on ethical relationships, and the product's contribution to health, vitality and well-being
- NOT damaging to people (including indigenous cultures), flora, and fauna
Our Award-winning, unique-in-the-industry container Return and Reuse program is a success, thanks to our customer partners!
- Our bulk liquids are delivered in reusable food-grade deposit-return containers
- We have more than a 76% return rate, overall, and we have reused over 125,000 lbs of plastic containers and over 93,000 lbs of glass containers, since 2003
Green Energy powers our facilities and our delivery vehicles (two of those vehicles are BIKES!)
- Our heating and cooling systems are designed for energy conservation and include high-efficiency heat pumps and a geothermal ground source unit
- We meet 100% of our electrical load with EWEB Green Power and our 27KW rooftop solar electric system
- We deliver YOU Organic, high-quality food using low-emission trucks and by human-powered bikes locally
1. article to reference: New study pinpoints practices that boost carbon sequestration by double digits!