Dates, Dates & Dates! (and delicious date recipe)
Dates, Dates & Dates!
We love dates! We have a lot of dates to choose from. Our Fancy Medjools (on sale in January) are a good-sized date that tend to be a bit more firm and dry than Large Medjools. Excellent for eating fresh. Also popular as an ingredient in baking or raw foods. To highlight dates, consider providing recipes for customers, so they can try simple, made-at-home, show stopping date appetizers.
Orange Walnut Stuffed Dates
- 30 Dried Dates, Pitted
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese, Softened (or Fromage Blanc, Blue or Goat Cheese)
- 1/2 C Walnuts Toasted and Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Split the dates down the middle leaving one side attached.
- In a small bowl, beat the cheese until creamy. Add in the honey and orange juice and beat again another minute. Stir in the zest and 1/4 cup of the chopped walnuts.
- Place filling in a ziploc bag with the corner cut off or piping bag. Fill the center of each date with the cheese filling. Top with additional toasted walnuts and extra zest if desired.
- Store in the refrigerator.