Used since ancient times, poppy seeds offer a unique nutty aromatic flavor to baked goods and other dishes. Many traditional Central European and Middle Eastern desserts feature poppy seeds.
• The seeds are excellent source B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin, niacin, and folic acid.
• Poppy seeds contain good levels of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, zinc and magnesium.
The seeds are gathered from dried pods of the poppy plant (opium poppy) and although there are no opiate effects associated with the seeds, they can show up as a false positive on drug tests!
Ideas for using Organic Poppy Seeds:
• Mix into salad dressings or sprinkle into whole-wheat pancake batter.
• Add to casseroles or pasta dishes that feature creamy sauces. (Tomato sauce overpowers the flavor of poppy seeds.)
• Sprinkle over a bowl of brown rice and peas.
• Add to baked goods as an ingredient (like Poppy Seed Cake) or enjoy as a topping for rolls.
|Available||Yes, Available to Order|
|SD130-5#||5 lb bag||5.00 lbs|
|SD130||55 lb bag||55.00 lbs|
To place an order with Hummingbird Wholesale, you must apply for a wholesale account. The first step to do that is to sign up for a Web Account.Apply for a Web Account
For questions or to order by phone, call us: (541) 686-0921